Monday, July 9, 2012

Altered Arts site and magazine

Have you checked out Altered Arts e-zine and club site?  I have found some pretty cool ideas and kits from them :)  Long ago I made a pin and atc for the magazine and since have become a fan.  Now, I am making things for their new dt!  Here is a Vintage photo assemblage I made using a jewelry box bottom , some ephemera  and a cut out vintage photo.  The box is spray painted black and the images were popped up with dimentionals.  I covered it with a square piece of glass that was adhered with clear bathroom caulking.  Fun! 
Below... I made this Vintage box at my art group.  This one was done using an old cabinet card picture frame.  You take the front off  of the frame (carefully) and adhere to a box (painted or not) that has an opening slightly bigger then the frame.  Again...various ephemera inside and buttons on the outside.
You can also if you wish, adhere the box BACK on to the back of the cabinet card frame you took the opening from so that it will stand up like a cabinet card picture frame would. :)

Thanks for looking! 


4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Jane these are wonderful. What great ideas! I just got a game at St Vinnies with those blocks in it. Now I have an idea how to use them. Thank you!

Michelle Webb said...

Love these ideas Jane, brilliant boxes. Going to check out Altered Arts right now. Thanks for the link. Michelle x

Gez Butterworth said...

Fantastic creations Jane. Many Congratulations, have fun on the DT. I must have a look at your link. Have fun on the Team. Gez xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Very eye-catching, vibrant creations! I love the buttons, anatomical heart and those lettered dice (or what I'm guessing are dice).

♥ Jessica